Village of Pentwater - Street Improvement Plan
December 2017 Update
The following provides an update of November engineering/construction activities for the SIP program:
- Construction work is now complete for the 2017 street work. There is punch list work to be completed still which will be addressed in the spring. Payment to Hallack Construction in the amount of $267,220.76 is recommended for work completed to date. 2017 project close-out documentation and final payment will be completed in the spring of 2018.
- Smoke testing for the areas of improvement in 2018 was completed on November 20th. No new significant sanitary inflow problems were found.
- 2018 Street/Utility Projects design work has been ongoing. F&V met with the Services Committee on November 9th to review the 2017 construction project, to review the updated 2018 plans and to discuss the project schedule.
Anticipated work for the rest of December will include the following:
- Completion of final plans, specifications and cost estimates for 2018 Street/Utilities projects. F&V will review this information with the Services Committee on January 5, 2018 to approve the final construction projects with project bidding in mid-January 2018.
- As a follow-up to the field meeting held with Pentwater Wire Products (PWP) in October, estimates of improvements to street/parking/loading will also be reviewed with the Services Committee in January and a follow up meeting with PWP will be scheduled.
F&V will update the project portal link on the Village’s website after the December 11 Council meeting.