March 2018 Update
The following provides an update of February-March engineering activities for the SIP program:
- 2018 Street Projects construction work was awarded to Hallack Contracting at the February 12 Council meeting.
- The Pre-Construction Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 13. The construction contract documents are prepared for execution and will be signed at the Pre-Construction Meeting.
- The design for the Second Street storm sewer is complete and we are currently discussing with the contractor about be incorporating this project into the construction plans for the rest of the 2018 project.
Anticipated work for rest of March will include the following:
- A Public Information Meeting will be held in late March.
- Hallack Contracting anticipates major work to begin in April with approximately 7 months of construction needed to complete 2018 construction. Resident notification will be made ahead of the start of construction.
- Weather permitting the contractor will start clearing trees along Morris Street and 5th Street in March.