Maximizing Lifespan of Assets
F&V has asset management professionals who help communities identify, evaluate, and proactively maintain infrastructure to maximize the lifespan of municipally-owned assets.
Our approach to asset management is centered around a powerful assessment software tool that takes the mountains of field and office information collected on utility assets, organizes it, prioritizes asset condition based on user defined risk criteria and identifies rehabilitation recommendations. We can build a customized analytical model of your utility system tailored to your specific needs and goals. F&V’s expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) allows us to create a detailed mapping of utility assets with links to critical assessment data and record drawings.
From these results, we help communities develop detailed and accurate short- and long-term Capital Improvement Programs (CIP) for their systems to keep the community’s infrastructure strong and functioning.
Assets we can assist with include:
- Utilities (water, wastewater and storm drainage)
- Wastewater/water plants and equipment
- Municipal facilities
- Street/road/non-motorized pathways and associated assets such as signs and signals
Our asset management services include:
- Stormwater and wastewater utilities asset management
- Water system asset management
- Capital Improvement Planning (CIP) and implementation
- Asset register and data collection standards
- Conditions assessment protocols
- Data reporting standards
- Risk management framework, decision support systems
- Level of service framework (LOF)