Landfill Management Compliance
F&V was selected to provide landfill management compliance services for the Orchard Hill Sanitary Landfill in Watervliet, Berrien County, Michigan. Orchard Hill Landfill is a permitted Municipal Solid Waste Landfill and recycling facility invested in landfill gas to energy technology.
F&V’s team of experienced Environmental Technicians collected quarterly groundwater samples, coordinating the work with Orchard Hill Sanitary Landfill and laboratory. F&V’s Geologist reviewed the data, creating groundwater flow maps and generating reports for compliance with the State regulations.
Additionally, F&V’s Geologists provided semi-annual certification letters for the landfill’s air permit and annual updates for the MAERS. F&V provided updates to the Renewable Operating Permit program on a five-year cycle and periodically collected samples to verify the Non-Methane Organic Compounds (NMOC) concentration in landfill gas.
The client also engaged F&V to provide them with an Operations Plan for the Orchard Hill Sanitary Landfill. The plan was written to provide the client and landfill a comprehensive yet flexible plan which would remain effective with periodic updates as the landfill grew in size and scope of services. The Operation Plan included:
- Fill Progression Plan
- Landscape Plan
- Leachate Collection & Removal Facilities
- Outbreak Plan
- Gas Management Systems
- Landfill Construction & Operations Equipment
- Personnel Requirements, Onsite Personnel Rules
- Operating in Inclement Weather
- Access Control
- Dust/Blowing Paper Control
- Disposal of Large/Bulky Items
- Onsite Road Design
- Control of Fugitive Dust
- Control of Salvaging
- White Goods & Recyclable Materials
- Separation of Recyclables from General Refuse
- Daily Cover
- Receipt, Unloading & Inspection Procedures
- Process for Receipt/Disposal of Asbestos Waste